Help with skills

Discussion in 'Saint' started by Rufah, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Rufah

Rufah Member

Hi. It's me again.
    An yes... It's about Priest again...

I'm planning a skill tree for a Merc-style BrodyQuest MegaMix MashUp!! MK and a Priest. I have MK almost clear but... I have a problem with Priest: I want Breathing of the Earth, but I have to sacrifice (XD!! You got it?) my healing skills and viceversa.
    Could anyone help me with that?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Numi

Numi New Member

If you mean Breathing of the Earth, then you should 100% sacrifice some other points for it.
    Well, do you plan your points till level 99? Or to a certain point?
    Do you want to play 1v1, Support or AoE? Cause some Points can be saved if you concentrate on one way.

3. Maunzilla

Maunzilla Well-Known Member

Leave Spiritual Power on 1. This skill has only very little benefit.
    If you want to use aoe skills, then max Recovery instead of Instant Recovery.
    You can also skip Training of Mental Power, as it's saving only 17% MP on max level.

4. Numi

Numi New Member

You can save 2 points by skilling Armor of Light just till 5. 5 is enough, the difference to 7 is not that big.
    Without Instant Recovery, you can cut out Prayer as well, as it does not work on Recovery.
    You can leave Darkness Wave on 1, Mist of Darkness is strong enough.

5. Rufah

Rufah Member

Hi.
    -Spiritual Power and 2 extra points on Armor or Light was optional so... Bye!
    -I always liked Recovery concept, and It will save me to farm Wild Boar Steaks so... Done!
    -I don't trust on letting Darkness Wave on 1
    -Considering that it would use a lot of mana, and I won't use mana AP items...
    This would look like this:

[​IMG]

How does it look?
    3 points left. Where should I put them?

PS: Do anyone know a stat calculator? FloStats don't have one and It would be really useful to me.

6. Numi

Numi New Member

Door and Chains.

7. Maunzilla

Maunzilla Well-Known Member

Only chains of light. Door of Darkness has too long a casting time for pvp and too little damage for bosses. In the same time you can do two autohits which make almost same dmg.

8. Rufah

Rufah Member

Hmm.... Why Chain of Light and not Thorn Trunk? Or why not both?

9. desuuu

desuuu Active Member

You're planning with others on Elite Dungeons? Or AoE priest?

Curse of Leave is good for Int-Saints, but in my experience it does not hit reliable. So you'd have points for thorn trunk and chain, both are useful for PvP and Bosses.

You might consider to skill a normal heal for convient times.

10. Rufah

Rufah Member

AoE Meele Priest, possibly I won't use cariad. I never do PvP. I won't do support.

11. desuuu

desuuu Active Member

Ah, that's why you call it merc-style. Im sorry. Why considering Flow and Curse? On later Levels it can be become frustating to choose between 1on1 or AoE, I thought of a magic/strenght hybrid but not that kind of challenge saint. For melee, you don't need Wisdom, so MP-Pots will be crucial if you start the rhythm Curse→Flow→Auto Hits, or you skip Flow to get the better taste of the 30sec DoT of Curse albeit slower if you don't have strenght. Thorn Trunk will become very situational, because you want to get most enemies near you. Without a cariad collecting mobs to aoe will take more time, time you can take them safely out one by one with less resources (like pots, sitting, cooldown).

That's the theory, I don't know which leveling type you prefer, it would be helpful how you think your playstyle should be.

12. Rufah

Rufah Member

I'll take them for 1v1 damage. Mostly for ranged mobs.
    I'll prioritize AoE upon 1v1, but I'll prioritize Curse upon Flow 'cause the defense debuff.
    Why it won't need wisdom? and why should take only Curse?

13. desuuu

desuuu Active Member

I tried to compare aoe and 1v1. There may be shortcoming on one side. Well, whacking enemies with a sword or dagger takes time if you don't stat strenght or high upgrades. For aoe, you want Mist and Wave, your needed Mana can be easily gotten through MP pots and fusions. You'll sit at the time of the cooldown and mob respawning to recover HP and MP. The skill damage+DoT of both skills are enough to kill normal monsters on your level.
    Constant using of Curse and Flow deplete MP quickly, so mixing with some automatical hits will recover enough mana to use the next barrage of spells. I didn't meant to say that you don't need mana (sorry!), it's just a good option for those who like to manage casting, other people like to click on a monster and drinking their coffee until the mob is dead (like the Gladiator).

Well I don't know how your testing with your last saint was. As I recommended in your last thread you can try pseudo aoe, but don't try to put your points on 4 or more stats, since you cannot reach the potential that is needed to make you more efficient (and less annoying to kill monsters). Choosing a saint speciality on 1v1 or aoe is crucial mid-late game. Monsters in droes are prone to attack in packs, so choose wisely.

14. Rufah

Rufah Member

I'll take into account your advices. U can only wait to test it....... When the servers stop laggin' Q_(Ò_Ó b)
    Thanks a lot @desuuu, @Maunzilla, @Numi. If i have another question, I'll ask it here. .n.